This weekend in Jonesborough you’ll find the ultimate eats and sweets- plus the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts! Of course, you’ll want to take part in Jonesborough’s Annual Chocolate Fest and even take a look at Jonesborough from a new perspective- yes, we’re talking about tethered hot air balloon rides! Can you say the perfect date idea?!?! We have it all and more this weekend in Jonesborough.
Start Your Day Off Right With A Breakfast Burrito!
Join us for breakfast at Texas Burritos and More as they feature a breakfast menu. We suggest their signature breakfast burrito. Yum!
Texas Burritos and More will be open from 8 a.m to 8 p.m.
Get A Dose Of History!
In honor of this sweet weekend, The Chester Inn State Historic Site and Museum will have a special Victorian Valentine display for you to view. The Chester Inn State Historic Site and Museum is located just beside the International Storytelling Center at 116 W. Main Street.
On Saturday at 1 p.m., join the Heritage Alliance on a Town Tour where your tour guide, dressed in period clothing, will escort you through the streets of Jonesborough sharing little-known facts and the story of the town from past to present. Tickets are $5 at the Museum.
Historic Eureka Inn Is Serving Up Sweet Specials!
The Historic Eureka Inn is getting into the spirit of Valentine’s Day with a limited supply of hand-decorated sugar cookies and chocolate truffles for sale beginning on Saturday. Eureka Bites will be serving up another sweet special, chocolate hazelnut pancakes for just $6 on Saturday in celebration of Chocolate Fest! Eureka Bites is located inside of the Historic Eureka Inn.
Tennessee Hills Is Releasing Their New Hellcat Gin!
This Saturday starting at 11 a.m. Tennessee Hills will have the first 100 bottles of their new Hellcat Gin available for purchase. Come by and get yours before they are gone!
Valentine Type-In at Mill Spring Makers Market!
On Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m., Langley Shazor with Casual Word is bringing back a variety of typewriters from all eras for you to type a sweet sentiment or love letter for Valentine’s Day. He will also be offering his “Street Poetry”. If you just can’t come up with the right words give him a topic and he will do his magic…and we’ll never tell! This event is free and tips are appreciated.
Top Valentine’s Day Gifts
While you’re strolling through downtown Jonesborough during Chocolate Fest, stop into these shops below for last minute Valentine’s day gifts.
1. Jonesborough Antique’s and Artisans is offering anywhere between 20%-50% on select booths. You’re sure to discover countless treasures with everything from vintage fly-fishing hooks and antique quilts to classic jewelry and unique bird baths.
2. Bewitched Boutique will be celebrating with a winter clearance sale! You’ll find racks ranging from $5-$25 and all other apparel, including valentine’s shirts, are 20% off.
3. Hands Around The World will have all their jewelry at 15% off.
4. Noelle is lighting up your life this weekend with 20% off all lighting; lamps, flameless candles, and more! Plus, you’ll want to check out their kissing booth window display part of Sweet Scenes.
5. Enjoy live tunes at Jonesborough Barrel House from local artist, Don Burger on Friday, February 8 from 6 to 8 p.m.
6. If you’re really looking to impress your sweetie, pop by The Icing On The Cake to purchase or place an order for chocolate covered strawberries.
7. Gabriel’s Christmas is offering 10% off to their Facebook/Instagram followers. The best part is that 10% is also valid on sale/clearance items too! Make sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram so you can get your 10% off.
We know you’ve waited all year for this, and it’s almost here! The fourth annual Chocolate Fest will be bigger than ever with nearly 40 chocolate stops plus tethered hot air balloon rides!
Chocolate Fest tickets will be sold in groups of 10 and 15 with a very limited number of tickets being sold at the door beginning at 10 a.m. at the International Storytelling Center. Purchase your tickets here: Jbochocolatefest.com
Hot Air Balloon Tethered Rides
This year, as an added attraction there will be a hot air balloon tethered in the parking lot of the Washington County/Jonesborough Public Library located just behind the Jonesborough Visitors Center. Rides up and down will be given to a limited number of visitors for $10 per person. This will be a separate ticket purchased at the site. The balloon is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., depending on the weather. Get ready for a unique view of Jonesborough!
Sweet Scenes, a walkable window display in downtown Jonesborough is sure to get you into the Valentine’s Day spirit! As you walk through downtown, with chocolates in hand, you’ll discover creatively decorated window displays.
The best way to participate is by:
- Picking up a ballot at the International Storytelling Center or at the Visitors Center
- View each window listed
- Vote for your favorite window display
- Drop your ballot back off at the International Storytelling Center or at the Visitors Center before 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 9
- Get tuned into Main Street Jonesborough Facebook to watch our live video at the end of Chocolate Fest as we announce the People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice awards
Locks Of Love
Each window display, as part of Sweet Scenes, has it’s own special whimsy and character to it, but there is one that also combines an experiential component.
At Jonesborough Antique’s and Artisans, you can add to their display by purchasing a love lock inside the shop, writing you and your lover’s name on it or a special sentiment, then locking it on the fence as a symbolic act of affection.
You’re officially invited to join us for sweet treats, tethered hot air balloon rides, and so many steals and deals at our downtown shops. We’ll see you this weekend in Jonesborough!
One thought on “Valentine’s Day Edition: This Weekend in Jonesborough”
Wow!!!!! Thank you for all these wonderful events! It will be wonderful to be a part of our new community!!!!