Even though tickets are sold out for food, drinks, and experiences you can still purchase tickets for the Sorcerer’s Sprint! Plus, you can still attend and take part in a number of activities and we will have butter beer along with other Harry Potter-themed snacks available.
Wizardly World Of Jonesborough
The Wizardly World of Jonesborough tickets for food, drink and experiences is SOLD OUT but you can still join us downtown! The activity is free unless noted. Check out all the fun things you can take part in:
East Main Street (Storytelling Center and Christopher Taylor Cabin)
Visit Hagrid at his hut located at the Christopher Taylor Cabin. You’ll even find the cake he made for Harry in the movie!
Owl Ridge Raptor Center
Meet Hedwig’s feathery friends in front of Hagrid’s Hut (Christopher Taylor Cabin) from the Owl Ridge Raptor Center. Learn more about how they work to rescue raptors in East Tennessee.
Little ones can board at Platform 9 3/4, in front of the Storytelling Center, for a ride on the Hogwarts Express.
Middle Main Street (In front of the Courthouse)
Ticket check-in: Check in and pick up your tickets in front of the courthouse beginning at 4 p.m. If you purchased a ticket with access to alcohol don’t forget you ID!
Oak & Thistle Wand Shop
There will be free wand making for the muggles! Then, starting at $10 per wand, make a more advanced wand at Oak & Thistle Wand Shop in front of the courthouse on Main Street. You will fill out a scroll listing what type of core you’d like for your wand. Each wand tip has been handcrafted and is as unique as the witch or wizard who it chooses. After your wand is complete, you’ll practice your swish and flick to make sure it works!
The Crooked Broom Tavern
Butterbeer ranges from $3-$4.50: Taste the best butterbeer this side of Hogsmeade! Choose from two sizes, the goblin size (9 oz.) for $3 and the troll size (16 oz.) for $4.50. The Crooked Broom Tavern is located in front of the courthouse on Main Street and Butterbeer is non-alcoholic. Butterbeer (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) can also be purchased at Texas Burritos & More.
Costume Contest 6:15 p.m.
Join us in front of the courthouse and show off your best Harry Potter outfit! You can sign up for the contest beginning at 5 p.m. Each winner will receive a prize pack!
Categories are as follows:
- Best Harry (kid and adult group)
- Best Hagrid (kid and adult group)
- Best Luna (kid and adult group)
- Best group
In honor of Harry’s Birthday, we will sing Happy Birthday to him in front of the courthouse after the costume contest. Stick around and enjoy a free cupcake in celebration
Butter Beer Popcorn
You can purchase a butter popcorn (or original) for $1 at the tent to the lefthand side of the courthouse
You’ll discover a photo op with some of your favorite wizardly shops! Please tag us on social @MainStreetJonesborough
West Main Street (Alley between Silver Raven and Noelle and Central Christian Church)
Wild Grove Studio
Step into a magical potions themed photo-session with our friends at Wild Grove Studios. Every participant will receive 2-3 professionally edited photos that will be available for digital download when ready. You can use a ticket or take part in the experience for $5.
The Daily Potter Paper
The Daily Potter works hand in wand with the Herald & Tribune, bringing you all the news muggles and wizards may need! Stop by there and pick up a copy of the Daily Potter which features local witch and wizard stories. This is the perfect keepsake! Limited supply of papers.
You’ll discover the entrance to Diagon Alley carefully situated between the Silver Raven and Noelle on Main Street. Here you’ll find everything wild and wizardly
- Look for the Sorcerer’s Stone at the Crystal Raven mining sluice. You can use a ticket or take part in the experience for $1
- Smoky Mountain Greenery will be set up offering one-of-a-kind terrariums and other unique gifts.
- Brooms by Brad will offer local handmade brooms.
- Mid Century Dragonfly will be offering intuitive readings.
- Crystal Raven and Silver Raven will be offering unique Harry Potter inspired gifts, Harry Potter Journals, cauldrons, wands, and more!
- You can also purchase drinks and snacks from the Paws in Blue charity, which supports Jonesborough’s k-9 officers.
Harry Potter Skits
Hagrid has been on vacation this summer, leaving his hut and magical creatures in the charge of Ron Weasley. What Hagrid doesn’t know is that one of his favorite nifflers, Bandit, has escaped while he was gone! Molly Weasley, Professor Penelope Periwinkle, and the new Defense Against the Dark Arts instructor, Professor Mervin Wyvurn, have to find the niffler before Hagrid realizes it’s missing, and they need the help of the good people of Jonesborough to do it. Who will find Bandit first?
Watch the hunt progress as the Main Street Storyspinners perform at these locations and throughout the evening:
5:20 In front of Hagrid’s Cabin
6:20 By The Crystal Raven
7:20 In front of The Lollipop Shop
8:20 The Main Stage
(times are approximate)
The audience is encouraged to participate in the hunt! If you’d like to win your very own Bandit, visit the tent to the left of the courthouse to enter a raffle for a collector’s plush niffler.
Howler Delivery & Postal Station
Purchase a howler to be delivered to someone at the event located across from the courthouse check-in table! The howler delivery person will recite to the recipient exactly what Ron Weasley’s Howler says to him in the movie with two exceptions, the name of the individual receiving it will be inserted instead of Ron’s and the purchaser will tell us what it is they wish to yell about. Ie: leaving wet towels on the floor, being too cute, acting smug about something, dancing way too well, driving too fast…. One Howler is $10. They will also have items available for purchase from $2-$10.
Throughout the event you’ll see lots of great photo opportunities along the way so be sure to take plenty of pics and tag us on social media @mainstreetjonesborough @the_goose_chase
What Comes With My Ticket?
You will have access to 20+ treat, drink, and activity stops! This will range from Fizzing Whizzbees to Liquid Luck and wand-making to a sluice hunt for the sorcerer’s stone. During the event you’ll get to meet real live owls, kiddos will get to ride the hogwarts express, explore Hagrid’s Hut, and you might even discover the secret passage to Diagon Alley!
- This year, packs of tickets will be sold instead of wristbands. For example, if you have a family of three and wish to only buy two packs, you can share the individual tickets. We will also have some non-ticketed activities taking place throughout the event.
- If you purchase a pack with access to alcohol, we MUST ID you at check-in the day of the event. You will use tickets in your pack of 10 tickets to get an alcoholic drink sample, but will be required to show that stop your wristband. Of course, you may use the tickets in that pack for treats and activities as well. Only one person will be able to wear the wrist band and we MUST ID you at check-in.
What Do We Do When We Arrive For The Event?
- If you don’t pick up your tickets early, you will check-in and pick up your tickets in front of the courthouse beginning at 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 29th.
- You will not be able to begin using your tickets until 5 p.m.
- More info below regarding early check-in, this is for those who purchased packs without access to alcohol ONLY.
Will There Be Early Check-In?
- Yes, we will have early check-in but this is ONLY for those who purchased packs without access to alcohol.
- Early check-in will take place Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, July 26-28th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at the Visitors Center.
- If you purchased a pack of tickets with access to alcohol, you MUST check-in just before the event as we MUST ID everyone and will give you a wristband. Day of check-in will be held in front of the courthouse on July 29th beginning at 4 p.m.
Join us in Downtown Jonesborough as it’s transformed into a world of wizardry on Saturday, July 29th from 5-9 p.m.
We’re celebrating Harry Potter’s birthday with the sights and sounds of your favorite magical world! Purchase a ticket and sample tastings of themed food and drinks, as well as activities, at designated locations.
Packs of 10 tickets are $20 for access to alcoholic beverages and $15 for tickets without access to alcoholic beverages. The event is expected to sell out so we recommend pre-purchase of tickets.
At 7 p.m., the Sorcerer’s Sprint will start in front of the Storytelling Center. This 1-mile run does require a separate ticket. Click HERE for more information and to get your tickets for the run. You’ll want to purchase tickets to both for the full experience!
The Sorcerer's Sprint
Join the Goose Chase for a 1 mile race to celebrate Harry Potter’s 44th birthday. For all you Potterheads, Harry and J.K. Rowling share the same birthday date. For The Goose Chase crew, that means we need a PARTY! Come dressed up in your best Harry Potter outfit and help us celebrate this double birthday!
We solemnly swear that you will have a blast at the Sorcerer’s Sprint. No matter which common room you call home, we’re bringing all houses together for this 1 mile race. Sport your house gear and meet up with the rest of us who seem to have lost our letter in the mail.
Packet Pickup: 4:30 – 6:45 p.m.
Start time: 7 p.m.
Location: International Storytelling Center/Main St. in Jonesborough, TN
Registration information: Choose your house by your mile time!
Gryffindor(10 minute mile or less), Hufflepuff(10:01-12:00), Ravenclaw(12:02-15:00), Slytherin(15:01 or more)