Here is list of the top new year’s resolution items, and how Jonesborough can help with your goals!
1. Health goals
- Use walking trails in Jonesborough! The area offers varying degrees of difficulty hiking trails in the 100-acre Persimmon Ridge Park, just one mile from downtown. If it’s a stroll you’re looking for, take advantage of the walking trails in and around downtown Jonesborough.
- If you’re over the age of 50, you can join the Jonesborough Senior Center. They have a gym and fitness classes. Learn more here.
2. Spend more time with family
- There are many events throughout the year in downtown Jonesborough that are family friendly. These events range from St. Paddy’s Day to Jonesborough Days to Christmas in Olde Jonesborough.
- Take a trip to Jonesborough together! It doesn’t have to be for an event. Visit any weekend of the year!
3. Learn a new skill
- Take a class at the McKinney Center, Jonesborough’s art center. They have a variety of classes from pottery to guitar lessons.
4. Help out with the community
- Volunteer for a Jonesborough event. We have many throughout the year! Information here.
- Donate to the JAMA Food Pantry. The McKinney Center is hosting a food drive for the JAMA Food Pantry until Jan. 16.
5. Focus on mental health
- Get into yoga this year! We host yoga in the park every Sunday in the summer in Storytelling Park from 4-5 p.m. McLeod Organics also hosts yoga in their store throughout the year!
- Attend a production! Give your mind a break and focus on a Jonesborough Repertory Theatre play, We Did It Together an original Jonesborough play hosted by the McKinney Center, or storytelling through the International Storytelling Center.