Chocolate Fest is here and we’re so excited!
Presale purchasing has ended. There will be a VERY limited amout of tickets available for purchase at 10am, until we’re sold out, at the International Storytelling Center. After you’ve sampeled tasty treats here at Chocolate Fest, show your favorite chocolate stop some love by casting your vote below!
Tennessee’s Oldest Town is about to get a lot sweeter!
The fifth annual Chocolate Fest will be held on Saturday, February 8th from 11 am to 3 pm. Who needs love when you can fall into chocolate?!
Spend this Valentine’s weekend at Jonesborough Area Merchants and Service Associations’ Chocolate Fest throughout downtown. Come taste some delicious chocolate treats provided by area merchants and restaurants.
There will be endless options— everything from barks, fudges, chocolate-covered strawberries and so much more! Tickets are redeemable at Chocolate Tasting Locations throughout downtown where one ticket equals one chocolate treats.
You’ve spoken and we’ve listened!
For Chocolate Fest 2020 we’ve made changes that complement the amazing event growth over the past five years. We’ve taken many of your comments and put them into action. We have created a seamless ticket pick-up process, added new elements and will provide all the necessary details on “How to Chocolate Fest in Tennessee’s Oldest Town!”
Ticket Pick-up, How to Purchase, and Other Ticket Details
- Tickets are sold in packs of 10 at $15 each.
- Each individual ticket in your pack of 10 gets you one chocolate tasting.
- You can use more than one ticket at a location but we do ask that you not take too many multiples of one item so other guests have a chance to sample all the offerings.
- You can purchase these online at JboChocolateFest.com or by calling the Jonesborough Visitors Center at 423.753.1010.
- Tickets WILL sell out, so please purchase your tickets in advance.
- After purchasing your tickets, you will receive an email confirmation along with your voucher that will allow you to pick up your tickets. YOU MUST print your voucher OR have it pulled up on your mobile device to be scanned at check-in.
- When you arrive to check-in (you can do this the day of or beat the line and come to our early check-in, more details below) you will receive your ticket packet which consists of individual tickets for tastings, a listing of the chocolate stops, a Chocolate Fest bag to carry all your treats in, and other informational items.
- Early ticket pickup will begin Monday, February 3 through Wednesday, February 5 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as well as Thursday, February 6 and Friday, February 7 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Jonesborough Visitors Center, located at 117 Boone Street.
- Whether you pick up tickets early or not, shops will not begin handing out chocolates until 11 a.m. on Saturday.
- You can also pick-up your ticket packets the day of the event at the Jonesborough Visitors Center and the International Storytelling Center. This will begin at 10 a.m. and close at 2 p. m.
- There will be an extremely limited number of tickets available the day of Chocolate Fest. Those tickets will go on sale ONLY at the International Storytelling Center on Saturday February 8 at 10 a.m.
- You can share packs of tickets. Example: you and your friend buy 3 packs of tickets, you each get one pack and then split the third pack so you can have 15 delicious chocolate tastings instead of 10.
As You Begin Your Sweet Journey Through Chocolate Fest Here Are Some Things To Know:
- There is no specific order, begin your journey through the land of deliciousness wherever you’d like.
- We know you may not be able to devour 10 or 20 chocolates within 4 hours, and that is why we provide a bag. You’re welcome to take some treats home with you to enjoy later while reminiscing on the great time you had in Jonesborough.
- Some locations will have the chocolates already packaged, which is super sweet of them!
- Dress warm and in layers! You will be walking throughout downtown, which may be chilly on a Saturday in early February, but wearing layers is wise because you will be going in and out of shops.
Other Activities Happening the Day of Chocolate Fest
- When you pick up your ticket packet, inside you will find a sheet where you can mark your vote for your favorite chocolate stop. You will vote as you visit each stop and return your ballot to the International Storytelling Center by 3 p.m.
- There will be kids’ activities throughout town that are of no extra charge.
- Along your journey you may bump into a character or two who will be giving out JAMSA coins, so keep an eye out!
- What are JAMSA coins? These wooden coins are worth $5 each. You can use those at most shops in downtown Jonesborough. Think of it as a $5 gift certificate.
- This is always the question, isn’t it? Below you will find parking options.
- Visitors Center parking lot
- Library parking lot
- Courthouse parking lot
- Parson’s Table parking lot
- Parking behind the Christopher Taylor Cabin
- Parking behind the Presbyterian Church
- Parking behind the Methodist Church
- Parking at the Chuckey Depot Train Museum
We can’t wait to see you in Jonesborough on February 8th!