The Historic Eureka Inn is located on Main Street in the heart of Historic Jonesborough. Each of the Eureka’s 13 uniquely decorated rooms create a captivating blend of past and present. They offer spacious, quiet rooms, with private baths, free Wi-Fi, cable television, central heat and air with individual controls, acoustic soundproofing, in-room safes, and all natural bath products.
Ease into Main Street life on one of three scenic porches, take a stroll through their abundantly floral courtyard and organic gardens, or enjoy the shade offered by the creekside gazebo. The courtyard and gardens are the ideal outdoor venue for intimate weddings, family gatherings, or other social events.
History of the Historic Eureka Inn
The history of the Eureka Inn has included many changes over the last 200 years and the blending of these additions was so perfect that the hotel appears to have been built all at the same time.
- In 1797, Robert Mitchell and his wife Harriett purchased “Lot #19” from the Town of Jonesborough to construct a private residence.
- In 1851, William Henry Maxwell purchased the home and had a “jury room” in one of the large bedrooms that still serves as a meeting room today.
- In 1869, Laura Gosnell purchased the property to be used as a private residence and boarding house.
- In 1900, Peter Miller and his wife Harriett opened the Eureka hotel to offer hospitality to travelers and business people.
- In 1910, J.R. Russell purchased the Inn and added the first bathtub with hot and cold running water.
- In the 1950’s, a restaurant, grocery store, and a taxi cab business had taken over the ground floor.
- In 1997, the hotel is restored back to its days of glory and offers the best of past and present.
- Private baths with hairdryer
- Two in-room phones with free local calls
- Individual climate controls-central air & heat
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cable Television
- Spacious, acoustically insulated rooms
- Superior bath products
- In-room safes
- Handmade custom furniture
- Plush down feather pillows
- Luxurious cotton bath towels & sheets
- Complimentary Coffee & Tea & delicious homemade treats
- Fax/copy services
- Meeting Room available
- Wheelchair-accessible room
- Private and off-street parking
- Outdoor venue
- Organic gardens
- Three porcheswith seating available
- Parlor with fireplace
- 24/7 On all Innkeepers
- Ticket Packages with The Jonesborough Repertory Theatre, located next door
Make a Reservation:
Historic Eureka Inn
127 West Main Street
Jonesborough, TN 37659