The Town of Jonesborough has been closely monitoring news regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) and are keeping the safety of staff, residents and visitors the top priority. In the interest of everyone’s well-being the Town has made temporary alterations to operations. The Town has restricted public access to facilities where possible, increased cleaning and sanitation efforts as well as providing all staff with detailed instruction on minimizing infection. Additional information is available on the Town calendar HERE
The Senior Center provided the following quote to put online for their members but it seems appropriate for all of us:
“Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah
TOWN SERVICES IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- General Admin 423.753.1030
- Building Permits 423.753.1035
- Payment Information 423.753.1040
- Public Safety Information 423.753.1053
- Helpline Information 423.753.4781
DO YOU NEED HELP?
- A helpline was implemented for Jonesborough residents seeking assistance with food needs, emergency transportation, connections to medical information as well as any other assistance during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Please call the helpline for assistance at 423.753.4781
- Non-perishable food donations will be accepted for Town residents in the Jonesborough Senior Center parking lot located at 307 East Main Street. Donation drop-off will begin on Monday, March 23 from 10 am to 4 pm and will continue accepting donations Monday through Friday 10 am to 4 pm throughout the health crisis. You do not have to get out of your car.
- If you are experiencing an emergency please call the police department at 423.753.1053 or call 911.
DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A PAYMENT?
- There is a Drop Box at the end of the Post Office parking lot
- There is a Drop Box at the door to Town Hall next to the Post Office
- You can pay by credit card online HERE
- You can pay by credit card by phone – 423.753.1040
- You can mail your payment to: Town of Jonesborough 123 Boone Street Jonesborough, TN 37659
DO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR NEW WATER, SEWER, GARBAGE SERVICES OR A BUSINESS LICENSE?
- You can find the forms for all of these at the door to Town Hall next to the Post Office
- If you are inside the town limits complete the form for services and include the $100 fee for water, sewer & garbage services
- If you are outside of the town limits complete the form and include the $50 fee for water service only
PUBLIC FACILITIES AND MEETINGS IN JONESBOROUGH
- Town of Jonesborough BMA Meeting on Tuesday, March 24 at 7 pm will remain open to the public but you are encouraged to take advantage of the live stream HERE that will be available. Those in attendance should practice social distancing by sitting 6′ apart as well as sanitizing before entering and after exiting the board room. There will be sanitizer stations at the door. For more information call 423.753.1030.
- All committee and commission board meetings for the remainder of March are CANCELLED.
- Town Hall Recorders Office and Administrative areas are temporarily CLOSED to the public until April 17: 423.753.1030 or email: email@example.com
- Until April 17 residents can pay water bills, tax payments, police fines and other payments online, by phone or through the mail. See above
- The general public can still access the public safety dispatcher area
- Visitors Center CLOSED to the public until further notice: 423.753.1010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions regarding tickets call 423.753.1010
- Donald Davis Storytelling April 6 & 7 CANCELLED
- McKinney Center CLOSED to the public until further notice: 423.753.0562 or email: email@example.com
- StoryTown Radio Show March 23 CANCELLED
- Music On the Square Anniversary Gala March 27 POSTPONED TBA
- Masterpiece Mingle April 17 POSTPONED TBA
- Classes have been POSTPONED tentatively until April 17
- Senior Center CLOSED to the public until further notice: 423.753.4781 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congregate meal pick up from 11:30 am – noon Monday – Friday
- Meals on Wheels is still delivering
- MyRide program is operating for trips to medical, pharmacy and groceries only
- Telephone reassurance and staying connected through emails and phones is continuing
- Chili Fundraiser March 30 POSTPONED TBA
- Spring Craft Show April 4 CANCELLED
- Health Expo April 15 RESCHEDULED for May 12th 9 am- Noon
- DO YOU NEED HELP? Click HERE for additional information.
- We are working to reschedule trips and events until later this summer/fall.
- If you have any health-related questions or just need to talk to someone, call Maria at 423.741.9155
- Here’s a word game to help boost brain health:
Form as many words as you can from the word “QUARANTINED”. Email your answers to email@example.com by Friday, 3/27.
- Town of Jonesborough Recycling Services will be SUSPENDED until April 17 More info: 423.753.1006
- Jonesborough Repertory Theatre
- Remaining performances of Shrek have been cancelled.
- Ticket holders for cancelled shows have three options: a donation, a voucher or refund. More information 423.782.8733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sound of Music POSTPONED until June 4 – 21
- The Best of the 1940s USO Show July 3 – 5
- Holiday Inn RESCHEDULED to August as the 2020/21 season opener
- Parks & Recreation
- Persimmon Ridge ballfields and basketball court are now CLOSED until further notice
- Main Street and Downtown Events
- Easter Eggstravaganza April 4 CANCELLED
- Washington County/Jonesborough Library CLOSED until further notice: 423.753.1800 or email: email@example.com
- Book drops are available for returns. Due dates are being extended
- Free wifi is available in the parking lot
- Free online resources are available HEREThe Heritage Alliance of Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia
- The Heritage Alliance of Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia administrative office is CLOSED to the public until Monday, April 20. More information 423.753.9580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chester Inn State Historic Site and Museum CLOSED until Saturday, April 18. There will be some online offerings on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Links will be posted when available.
- Town Tours/Mythbusting Tours CANCELLED until Apr 18 at 1 pm
- History Happy Hours March 26 and April 16 are CANCELLED
- Salvage Warehouse will reopen April 18 from 8 am – noon More info: 423.753.9580
- Jonesborough/Washington County History Museum and Archives CLOSED until further notice
- International Storytelling Center is CLOSED to the public until April 6
- Washington County Heritage Fair May 8 & 9 POSTPONED TBA
STAY SAFE !