Online Event and Facebook Silent Auction
Tickets for Masterpiece Reveal, formally known as Masterpiece Mingle, are now available! This year’s event will be a virtual, Facebook Live event on April 23, at 7 p.m. There are a few exciting new features to this event that we know you are going to enjoy! For your ticket, you will receive an artistic Masterpiece made by a regional artist. You will have a week before the Live event to see the exhibition in person at the McKinney Center, and you will have the chance to see the amazing Silent Auction items in person before you bid online! This event has SOLD OUT in the past. Tickets will be on sale now through April 23 at 6:30 p.m.
HOW MASTERPIECE REVEAL 2021 WORKS:
- Purchase your ticket for the online Facebook Live Event. Your confirmation email will have a link to a special Masterpiece Reveal Facebook event page.
- “Like” or “Follow” the Masterpiece Reveal Facebook event page. This is where the Facebook Live event will be viewed on Friday, April 23, at 7pm.
- The Masterpiece Reveal Facebook event page will also have all of the Silent Auction Items for view. We will tell you more about this later!
- On Monday, April 19, the Masterpiece Reveal exhibition will be open to the public for viewing. You may see the pieces throughout the week, prior to the Facebook Live Event. Please consult the Masterpiece Reveal Facebook page for times that the exhibit is open to the public. The McKinney Center is presently conducting classes during the day and evening.
- The Silent Auction items will also be available for viewing during this time.
- Each Masterpiece Reveal artwork will have a number directly beside of it in the exhibition. These numbers will be important during the Live Event.
- On Friday, April 23, 7pm, tune in to the Facebook Live Event on the Masterpiece Reveal Facebook event page. Director, Theresa Hammons and the McKinney Center staff will be starting the video.
- Theresa will have a list of everyone who purchased a ticket. Theresa will announce your name and then pull a number from a bowl. She will take the number to the corresponding piece. That corresponding piece will be the item you get to take home!
- The event should end at 8pm or shortly thereafter. We encourage you to watch the entire Live Event.
- On Saturday, April 24, and Monday, April 26 there will be designated times for you to pick up your Masterpiece! Please bring your ID so we can match the name of the person who purchased the ticket with the Masterpiece. If you have someone else pick up your Masterpiece, please inform the McKinney Center beforehand.
HOW THE SILENT AUCTION 2021 WORKS
The Silent Auction is another way to support the McKinney Center Scholarship Program. The Silent auction consists of additional art, books, gifts, baskets, and more!
- You must “like” or “follow” the Masterpiece Reveal event page to see the Silent Auction items and to make bids and to see the “rules of the game!”
- All Silent Auction items will be in a photo album.
- Starting on Monday, April 19, the Silent Auction will be open to the public for viewing. Please consult the Masterpiece Reveal Facebook event page for times that the exhibit is open to the public. The McKinney Center is presently conducting classes during the day and evening.
- Only bids made in the photo comment box will be valid. Do not make bids in private messages or on the Facebook newsfeed.
- You may bid throughout the week.
- Bidding will end on Friday, April 23, at 8pm.
- You may pick up your item(s) on Saturday, April 24 or Monday, April 26. You must pay for your items prior to taking them home. The McKinney Center may take cash, check, or credit card.
HOW ARTISTS AND ART SUPPORTERS CAN HELP:
We want to fill the McKinney Center Auditorium with 125 – 150 unique works of art – all around 8”x8” in size. Please do not let this size limit keep you from participating in the event. If your piece is slightly smaller or larger or doesn’t fit within those perimeters for some reason (i.e. jewelry) please discuss it with us. We are happy to have the donation.
We are asking artists and art supporters to create 8”x8” works of art to donate to the McKinney Center in order that we may provide one work to each ticket holder. We will accept 2D and 3D work. All work must include hanging hardware, suitable for hanging, or capable of sitting on a pedestal. 2D work does not have to have to be framed.
We are looking for larger works of art for our Silent Auction. You may place a minimum bid on original works. 100% of the proceeds will go to the McKinney Center. You may also donate books, art supplies, etc.
Artists will retain copyright to their original images but will grant the McKinney Center rights to reproduce in print and digitally for marketing purposes.
BENEFITS TO THE ARTIST AND ART SUPPORTERS
We are asking any interested person to help us with this project. Artists, art supporters, local officials, and volunteers are all being asked to produce art for this event. The more diverse the work is, the more unique our event will be! Please refer this project to your friends.
All participating artists will receive recognition in print, social, media, radio, etc.
Masterpiece Reveal is an art fundraising project to benefit Jonesborough’s Mary B. Martin Program for the Arts in Jonesborough, TN. The McKinney Center is a town-operated facility that employs 17 professional art faculty, conducts over 100 classes and workshops each year with a current enrollment of over 200 students each semester. The McKinney Center organizes multiple exhibitions and various craft and art vendor opportunities throughout the year.
The net proceeds of this event will go to support programming at the Center. The original name of the event, “Masterpiece Mingle,” reflects the fact that, for your ticket price, in past years you received a work of art to take home along with an evening of music, food, and fun! Due to COVID, the 2020 Masterpiece Mingle was canceled. In 2021, with continuing concerns for public health, the McKinney Center has adapted the event to meet this year’s unique needs. While many of the Center’s physical programs were canceled in 2020, the Center rose to the occasion and put many of their programs online, did “drive thru” editions, and even created many new online and virtual programs to help fill the gap. Beginning in the Fall of 2020 the McKinney Center restarted classes and all their programming keeping CDC guidelines and health standards in mind.
This event was SOLD OUT in 2018 and 2019. We hope to sell out again in 2021! We invite you to be a part of our largest fundraising event of the year!